Dear Timeshare Owner,
We’re excited to announce that we are now able to open our resorts and we look forward to welcoming our timeshare owners and guests. The opening date for each resort is as follows:
• Bantry Bay International Timeshare Resort – 2 October 2020
• Beacon Island Resort – 22 August 2020
• Cabana Beach Resort – 22 August 2020
• Drakensberg Sun Resort – 21 August 2020
• Pine Lake Resort – 21 August 2020
• Sabi River Sun Resort – 21 August 2020
• uMhlanga Sands Resort – 22 August 2020
The management and staff at our resorts are working around the clock to be ready for your arrival, stringent hygiene protocols have been implemented to ensure your safety when you return. In addition to the hygiene protocols, we also need to follow certain regulations related to social distancing and limiting the number of people in venues at any one time. These regulations might also have an impact on the entertainment programmes offered by our resorts. We ask for your patience and understanding in this regard as we navigate these new and very different times.
You will no doubt be aware that we have been banking owners’ weeks with SunSwop since the lockdown was announced on the 23rd March, so that owners whose weeks fell within the lockdown period will be able to use their timeshare week at a date sometime in the future (we have extended the normal 3 year SunSwop redemption window, to 5 years). We will also be extending points which were due to expire during the course of 2020, by another 2 years. In the event that you might not be ready to travel to occupy your timeshare week just yet and would prefer to bank your week, we will do so and will credit you with 100% of the points value of your week. You will then be able to use this banked week for an exchange at a time which is more convenient for you.
We have taken the opportunity, while our resorts have been closed, to undertake essential maintenance programmes as well as to accelerate refurbishment programmes which were already planned and underway prior to the lockdown. Some of this work is still underway and we would like to highlight these ongoing projects so that you are fully informed when making your decision on whether to occupy or to bank your upcoming timeshare week.
- Cabana Beach Resort – both the adult and family pools, as well as the walkway are currently under renovation. The expected completion dates for these projects are:
- Adult Pool – 25th September
- Family Pool – 2nd October
- Walkway – 4th September 2020.
- As a result of this work being undertaken, Wimpy is currently closed and will only reopen once the work has been completed.
- uMhlanga Sands Resort – the work on the new Mugg and Bean is currently underway which means that the Miami Spur will be the only restaurant in operation until the new restaurant opens. The anticipated opening date for Mugg and Bean is the 2nd October 2020.
- Sabi River Sun Resort – the work on the golf course is being undertaken and is only expected to be completed by the 1st December 2020. You will however still be able to play 9 holes of the course while this work is being done. There is also extensive work being undertaken as part of the chalet refurbishment programme which might cause some disruption and could result in owners being accommodated in a unit other than the one which they own
- Beacon Island Resort – the lobby refurbishment has been completed and construction work on the gatehouse is underway with an anticipated completion date of mid September 2020
- Bantry Bay International Vacation Resort – Repair work to the carpark is underway with the result that there is currently no on-site parking. Extensive repair work is being undertaken on the spalling of the building as well as repairs to the Neptune Suite and the pool deck because of a recent storm. As a result of the major disruption caused by this work, the resort is only scheduled for re-opening on the 2nd October 2020 Pine Lake Resort – minor repairs to the pool are currently being undertaken as well as the upgrading of the television signal
Should you decide that you would rather delay returning to your resort until a future date and therefor choose not to occupy your upcoming timeshare week, please contact SunSwop so that we can get this banked for you.
The Southern Sun Resorts Team